How We Collect Your Information
- Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the Experimatch Services, our Site, features and content, to administer your use of the Experimatch Services and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
- When you register with us through the Experimatch Services to create an Account and become a Member, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your email address and physical attributes or conditions. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Experimatch Services and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect and store any Member Content that you upload, download or access via the Experimatch Services. Such Member Content may contain Personal Information about you.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalisation of your Account (e.g., without limitation, post code (on its own) and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- Log Data. When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “Experimatch User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Experimatch Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
How We Use Your Information
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Experimatch Services, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your post code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Experimatch Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Experimatch Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and Experimatch Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Experimatch. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and DisclosureInvited Members. If you choose to invite a third party to access your profile (e.g. by applying to an experiment), such third party will be able to access, view, share, download and distribute the information contained in your profile, including, but not limited to, your Personal Information and Member Content.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Experimatch Services, to provide the Experimatch Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the Experimatch Services’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Experimatch Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information and Member Content only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Experimatch cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Experimatch or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Experimatch may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information and Member Content in their Account by contacting us or via the Member Profile section of the Experimatch Services. If you delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please contact us at help@Experimatch.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information and Member Content from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We will retain the information you provide via the Experimatch Services for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with the Experimatch Services. We may retain and use the information you provide via the Experimatch Services, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to delete your Account, please see the section titled “Changing or Deleting Your Information”above.
Experimatch is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.